Clifford Forge House
Stratford upon Avon
Warwickshire CV37 8HW
Monday – Friday: 07:30 – 18:00
Drop-Off Directions & Parking
The nursery is located in Clifford Chambers on Clifford Road and has great commuter links to Stratford-upon-Avon and surrounding areas.
Onsite parking is available for drop-off and collection.
Freshfields Nursery School
Founded in 1990, Freshfields always offers the highest standards of individual care and pre-school education for children from birth to 5 years. Our dedicated and professional team of staff are committed to enhancing each child’s personal, emotional, social and physical development. We are equally committed to the Safeguarding of all the children in our care. Our unique rural setting at Clifford Forge House, a beautiful Georgian Manor, provides our children with a homely, natural and healthy environment. With over an acre of private gardens, Soft pour Playgrounds, a mini farm and purpose built recreational areas, Freshfields Nursery is ideally situated just minutes from Stratford town centre. Our qualified and supportive staff have a proven track record of nurturing well developed, high achieving children.
Nappy Wipes & Cream
We will provide nappies, wipes and nappy cream.
Our sensory room provides an environment in which children can experience special sound and visual effects, tactile experiences, vibration, use of aromas and music. Activities focus on brain stimulation and developing senses such as touch, sight, sound and smell, as well as the sense of wellbeing and relaxation.
We have on-site parking available for easy access and convenience.
We have CCTV installed within the nursery to ensure the safety and security of all our children and staff.
Meals & Snacks
We provide healthy meals and snacks as well as fresh water and milk. Our menus are seasonal and are certified by a children’s dietician ensuring the right balance of ingredients for the children. All dietary requirements are catered for by our professional chefs.
Our outdoor space offers an environment to explore and develop and provides a place where imagination comes to life.
Extra Curricular Activities
We provide fun and interactive extra-curricular activities that the children will enjoy and love, this can include Bilingual Beats, which is our ‘Spanish through music’ lesson, French with The Little Language Academy, Playball Sports and more.
Fees & Availability
Nursery fees are dependent on the age of your child and your specific childcare requirements. Funding options are available, including the government’s 15 and 30 hours funded childcare, and we also accept the Government Tax Free Childcare Scheme and childcare vouchers.
To request pricing and availability, please call us or complete the request a call back form below.
How we learn at Freshfields Nursery
- Our baby room offers the perfect place to begin your child’s nursery journey
- We offer as many settling in sessions as you and your child need to feel safe and happy in a new environment. This is the start of us building a long-standing relationship with your family, ensuring secure bonds between child and nursery team
- We offer a stimulating environment and a variety of resources for our babies to explore, develop and discover through play
- We promote sensory play from a very young age, helping children to make sense of the world by connecting what they see, hear, smell, touch and feel
- In our reading corner the children have access to a library of books and stories, music, and rhymes introducing early literacy and communication skills
- We promote movement and balance and focus on early wellbeing awareness and relaxation exercises
- Our toddler room is where our toddlers can thrive as they become more independent and curious
- We feel it is important to offer a range of natural resources and provide plenty of messy play opportunities to encourage learning through creative play
- In our library area we have a selection of age-appropriate reading resources to encourage communication and develop language and literacy skills
- We encourage independence and free thinking by allowing the children to choose and lead activities carefully guided by our practitioners
- We promote physical creativity through music and movement which is key in helping to develop children’s fine motor skills
- We continue to promote early wellbeing awareness and relaxation techniques to help our children understand their thoughts and feelings
- Being part of the local community is important and we regularly take part in local events and support local charities
- Our preschool room supports ‘school readiness’ through a wide range of quality resources and equipment that promote all areas of the EYFS including maths and literacy
- We embed maths and literacy into everyday routines providing opportunities for letter and number recognition
- We give encouragement and praise to our children inspiring them to investigate and be curious of the world around them
- We promote an inclusive environment where we take part in a variety of cultural and international celebrations
- We work on whole body movements to develop large motor skills, co-ordination, balance, and strength
- We provide a dedicated space for children to learn in small groups allowing focus and concentration as our practitioners deliver activities preparing children for their next step into school.
- In our garden children can wander, climb, splash, and run in our educationally designed outdoor learning area.
- Our children have access into the garden which is essential for healthy development and wellbeing and our outdoor equipment encourages physical development and challenges
- Our outdoor space allows children to understand and take risks which helps to build their confidence, independence, and eagerness to learn
- Our children are introduced to important life skills and encouraged to try new things through play and exploration, through activities such as role play, water play and investigative play
- We promote a ‘grow your own’ initiative providing spaces in our garden for children to plant their own vegetables, herbs, plants, and flowers
- We use natural materials such as sand and mud to promote discovery and imaginative play
I have always worked in childcare, I started my journey as a Nursery Practitioner, and have since worked my way up to Nursery Manager. I am dedicated and passionate about our ethos and have high ambitions for children’s learning.
I have worked for the company for since 2010 starting as a student. I have lots of experience working with children from all age groups and I currently run the 2-3’s unit. I am passionate about developing bonds with both the children and their parents and watching the children grow and develop during their time with us here at Freshfields.
Hi, I’m Tracey, I joined Freshfields in March 2023 and quickly became part of the team running the 0-2’s unit.
My journey in childcare started in 2014, I had progressed to preschool room leader, during this time I developed my management skills and knowledge. In 2020 I was thankful that an opportunity opened for the Deputy Manager position, to which I was successful.
I am passionate about my role within the nursery, and it is amazing working with such a fantastic team. I am excited to move the nursery forward, and work alongside a Nursery Manager that strives for outstanding childcare.
I love the outdoors and especially gardening. I am the Forest School leader here at Freshfields and I am passionate about tailoring outdoor activities to a variety of children’s ages and abilities.
Our nursery has a lovely family feel which makes it a wonderful place for your child to grow, learn and play. We have a passionate team, who aim to create something special and different, ensuring all children are nurtured, cared for, and inspired with their individual needs in mind.
We have a dedicated senior team who support the nursery management in striving for delivering excellence by enriching home from home environments with an expertly trained team.
All staff complete comprehensive training, further developing their knowledge and understanding of children’s development, covering all key aspects in keeping children safe.
We can provide advice and support for all our families on a vast range of topics by pulling together our combined experience.
Food & Nutrition
Our delicious, healthy and nutritious food is sourced from trusted suppliers and prepared and cooked by our onsite chef. All dietary and religious needs are met.
Our experienced team would love to meet you and your little one, so book a visit today and we will show you everything our nursery has to offer during your own personal tour at a time to suit you.
Join us at our next Open Day
Saturday 20th January, 9am-1pm
Call Back Request
If you would like us to give you a call back at a time which is more convenient for you, please fill in the form below.